I hope you are having a produc tive and successful fall semester. An important focus of our work this academic year is continuing the momentum that has been built around our strategic plan “A Bold Path Forward.”
I am pleased to share with you that following a day-long working retreat this summer, a comprehensive assessment of our work up to this point, and meetings with the leaders of each outstanding success possibility (OSP), the Strategic Plan implementation team has identified the sub-deliverables for each OSP that groups of individuals from across the University will be working toward throughout the current academic year. Each sub-deliverable and associated action items are listed at strategicplan.newhaven.edu.
Each sub-deliverable will play an integral role in ultimately achieving our five OSPs, which is critical to continuing to strengthen the University now and in the future. Some of the ma ny significant projects and initiatives across our OSPs that are slated for this academic year include:
- Evaluating the University’s current brand
- Developing a proposal to create a new student center
- Enriching our recruitment outreach initiatives in diverse communities throughout Connecticut and across New England
- Providing accessible pathways to support non-traditional targeted audiences, including enhanced processing and increased student support – for both degree completion and stackable credentials
- Creating and supporting a performance-based work culture
We will continue to provide periodic updates on this work and keep you informed of opportunities to support these important efforts.
In my short time as provost, I have been impressed by the passion and dedication each person is devoting to this important work. On behalf of Chancellor Kaplan and Interim President Zenger, I thank you for passionate service and all you do for the University and for your commitment to continuing to enrich the educational experience of our students.
Nancy Savage, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs